Internet to Go
What is the Internet to Go service?
Patrons may check out a Kajeet SmartSpot, a filtered Wi-Fi hotspot that enables you to connect your mobile devices (e.g. laptop, smartphones, tablets, etc.) to the Internet. The Kajeet SmartSpots allow the Library to provide cost-effective educational broadband service to under-served populations. Library patrons can check out a Wi-Fi hotspot to complete homework assignments, apply for jobs or conduct business even in areas not served by hardwired broadband connections.
Where can I borrow the SmartSpot?
The SmartSpots can be borrowed from all three locations.
What SmartSpot is best for me?
The Kajeet SmartSpots run on either the Verizon or T-Mobile cellular network. The mobile hotspot may not work in all areas.
The SmartSpot 900 is on the Verizon 4G network – View the coverage map here.
The SmartSpot T41 uses the T-Mobile 4G network – View the coverage map here.
How many devices may I connect to a Kajeet Smartspot?
- Up to eight (8) devices can connect simultaneously to a SmartSpot — keep in mind that they will all be sharing the same data.
Who may borrow a Kajeet Smartspot?
- Adult cardholders (18+) with library cards in good standing
What are the rules?
- One device per household.
- Devices check out for 21 days.
- Devices may not be renewed.
- Devices may be placed on hold – patrons have two (2) days to pick up the device once notified of its availability.
- At checkout, patrons must present their library card and a valid (not expired) photo ID to library staff.
- At checkout, patrons must complete and sign a loan agreement. Once a SmartSpot is checked out to the patron, it becomes the responsibility of the patron.
- Device must be returned to the original borrowing location, and the loan agreement shall be completed.
- Devices cannot be returned in book drops.
- Devices are suspended/disabled once the due date has passed.
- There is a daily data limit of 250MB. Once the limit has been reached, the device is shut off until the following day (1:00 AM). Due to daily data limits, access to streaming video sites/content and services that consume large amounts of bandwidth (ex. software updates) are blocked.
- You may check your data balance at any time at https://www.kajeet.com/sentinel/status.html. The Device Identifier number is required to check usage. That number is located on the Kajeet SmartSpot case.
- Devices are filtered. Websites and services that violate the Library’s Internet Use Policy and/or exceed normal bandwidth consumption are blocked.
Fines & Fees
- The overdue fine is $1.00 per day. Note: Devices are disabled once the due date has passed.
- Damaged devices or parts will be charged at the cost of the part plus a $5 processing fee:
- SmartSpot device: $125.00
- SmartSpot Case: $10.00
- USB charger: $5.00
- USB cable (T41 devices only): $5.00
For More Information – Verizon Hotspots
- How to Connect Your SmartSpot 900 Verizon Device (video)
- Get to Know Your Kajeet SmartSpot 900 Verizon Device (specifications)
For More Information – T-Mobile Hotspots
- How to Connect Your SmartSpot T41 T-Mobile Device (video)
- Get to Know Your Kajeet SmartSpot T41 T-Mobile Device (specifications)