Community Conversations Continue September 21
Green space. Walkable communities. Unretirement. These and other trends are inspiring a lively discussion under the local collaborative planning effort, Community Conversations. Through a community dialog, the Fauquier County Community Development Department is hoping to learn from citizens how they believe the county should achieve its vision of preserving its rural heritage, concentrating development, attracting vibrant businesses and protecting our valued quality of life.
Community Conversations for Fauquier County will hold its next meeting on September 21 at the Fauquier High School Cafeteria (705 Waterloo Road, Warrenton) from 7 – 9:15 pm.
To join the discussion, log on to share your input or attend one of the following meetings:
To learn more about the issues facing Fauquier County and other communities, check out the following resources, all available at your local library.
- The Big Shift: Navigating the New Stage Beyond Midlife by Marc Freedman
- Digital Destiny: How the New Age of Data Will Transform the Way We Work, Live, and Communicate by Shawn DuBravac, Ph. D. with foreword by Gary Shapiro
- Disrupt Aging: A Bold New Path to Living Your Best Life at Every Age by Jo Ann Jenkins and Boe Workman
- Green Metropolis: Why Living Smaller, Living Closer, and Driving Less are Keys to Sustainability by David Owen
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly
- Life in Full: Maximizing Your Longevity and Legacy: A Baby Boomer’s Guide to (at least) the Next 20 Years by Richard & Linda Eyre
- Millennial Momentum: How a New Generation is Remaking America by Morley Winograd and Michael D. Hais
- The Necessary Revolution: How Individuals and Organizations are Working Together to Create a Sustainable World by Peter Senge … [et al.]
- The Next America: Boomers, Millennials, and the Looming Generational Showdown by Paul Taylor
- Unretirement: How Baby Boomers are Changing the Way We Think About Work, Community and the Good Life by Chris Farrell