e-Resource News: Car Buying? Arm Yourself With Information
Thinking about buying a new car? Do your research online and save trips to the dealerships for test drives.
Premium e-resources available at the library or from home with your library card:
- Zinio Downloadable Magazines – Titles include Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Read online or download/save to your tablet.
- Magazines, Journals & Newspapers – Access articles on and reviews of automobiles from a variety of publications using Infotrac Newstand, Infotrac OneFile and America’s Newspapers from Newsbank
Recommended websites (free, no library card required):
- Edmunds.com – Get pricing info before you chat with the dealer
- fueleconomy.gov – Compare fule economy, research hybrid vehicles
- JD Power – Access ratings/reviews of new and used cars
- Kelly Blue Book – Considering a trade-in? Check your car’s value
- safercar.gov – Research recalls, crash test ratings
The library also subscribes to the print editions of the NADA Official Used Car Guide and Consumer Reports. The April issue of Consumer Reports focuses on automobiles. Get the complete overview here, then pop by the reference desk to view the print copy.
Alison, Electronic Resources Librarian, Warrenton central library