Holidays & Closings
Fauquier County libraries observe most federal and state holidays.
During inclement weather, the library closes when county offices close. Weekday closures are announced on network television stations, many radio stations and on the county website. On weekends and evenings, call (540) 422-8500 to confirm the library’s planned hours of operation. Up to the minute closings can also be found on our Facebook page.
The libraries will be closed on the following dates in 2019:
- Tuesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, Jan. 21 (Martin Luther King Day)
- Monday, Feb. 18 (President’s Day)
- Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 26
- Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)
- Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Friday, July 5 (All County offices closed)
- Sunday, Sept. 1
- Monday, Sept. 2 (Labor Day)
- Monday, Oct. 14 (Columbus Day)
- Monday, Nov. 11 (Veterans Day)
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 – John Marshall closed; Bealeton and Warrenton close at noon
- Thursday, Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, Nov. 29 (All County offices closed)
- Tuesday, Dec. 24
- Wednesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas)
- Tuesday, Dec. 31, closing at 5 p.m.